Tuesday 13 September 2011

I Am Not A Lawyer

As I write this entry, I am sitting on the bus on my way home from work.  I've been here for 10 minutes or so, happily minding my own business and listening to some music.

Then the following occurred.

A woman tapped me on the shoulder.  I turned around and took out my headphones, expecting her to tell me it was too loud -- to make the quite reasonable request that I turn it down.

If only.

"Hey, if you had a friend who bought a Toyota Prius and it had been recalled, but they didn't want to give it back, what would you tell your friend to do?" was the question she asked.

"Um... what?"

"Well you've got a friend -- or two friends -- and Toyota want to recall their Prius because of a problem with the accelerator.  They don't want to give it back; do you think Toyota could force them?"

"I have no idea, sorry.  Maybe your 'friend' should speak to Toyota."

"But Toyota don't make the law!"

...she is now asleep.

America is weird.

1 comment:

  1. I know, why do they keep buying the prius when it is clearly a load of crap!

    ReplyDelete